Thursday 20 March 2008

aftercare....less

its ok being discharged from hospital barely able to walk more than a few yards through the pain...but what happens when ur like me..live alone, and all ur m8's , neighbours, colleagues etc that have kept one provided with the basics....such as food and toiletries etc all disappear one by one for their easter hols.
it occurred to me that during all the tests in hospital.....nobody asked to see me walk, the very basic human activity that i'm finding most difficult. its clear to all who see me walking, that it's nigh on impossible yet.
i can get not much further, without a great deal of discomfort, than to the loo a few yards away.
i'm doing the exercise that the physio team have given me.......and they, the physio team, at least work in the modern world and email information and advice via the internet. pity Gavin doesn't do home visits.
not too sure about the change in meds....one of them or the mix of them is upsetting my stomach.....what to do??
attempted walk to shop.......5 min journey took a half hour or more and quite some pain......and ..oops!... couldn't carry the shopping. thank you to the manager of M& S for sending one of his staff members to carry my shopping home for me. unfortunately i then had to spend the rest of the evening and morning in bed until the pain subsided.